Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson

As a child, I too grew up with pretending to be a part of the Jackson 5. I vividly remember disputes with my older brother over who would be Michael as we rode in the back seat of the family car, most of the time on our way home from church. Michael was a genius, blessed with an incredible gift from God. However, in spite of his fame and fortune, he seemed to be void of true happiness. I believe he was used by many, who really did not care about helping him to find peace within his soul. The bible asks us the question, "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?" In other words, what difference does it make that you have gained material possessions but you have lost the essence of who you are? As I reminisce on his music, it is my prayer that in the end, he finally found himself through God.

No comments: