Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Daily Bread

As I celebrate my birthday today, I am thankful not just for another year, but simply for another day. So often we focus so far into our future until we fail to enjoy the beauty of another day. The Lord's Prayer says "give us this day our daily bread." We should pray for bread daily, not weekly, monthly or annually. The only way one can pray for "daily" bread is by praying daily. Have you prayed today, or are you waiting for church service tomorrow? My day of celebration is tempered by the fact that a wonderful member of our congregation is lying in a coma in the hospital. This wonderful, relatively young woman was perfectly fine when I saw her on Thursday, but became ill the next day. As we pray for her full recovery and trust God completely for her healing, we are reminded how precious each day is. Don't take daily bread for granted.

No comments: