Monday, June 15, 2009

Say I Love You

Today, one of my special members went home to be with the Lord. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to be by her side, along with her only daughter and other family members. Although this was a tough situation for everyone, I am thankful that this daughter took the time on a frequent basis to tell her mother how much she loved her. Often times, we assume that a person knows that we love them. Even when they do know this, it is still important that we take the take to say "I Love You." If you are a man, know that a real man tells his wife, children, family, and friends (even male friends) that he loves them. These words are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. Although this daughter will miss her mom, she can take comfort in knowing that while she had a chance, she told her mom how much she loved her. What about you? When was the last time you used these words to express your feelings to your loved ones. Don't assume they know - make sure they know. Call them! Text them! Email them! Don't delay, for today may be their last tomorrow.

1 comment:

diahann said...

We know not the day or time when God will call us home. Sister Judy will be missed in our Adult Sunday School Class.I would personally like to tell all of my Wayman Family "I Love You".