Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thanks to Our Volunteers

I want to thank our volunteers who participated in our FCAT Camp. Since Christmas, we have held a Saturday camp for our students at Wayman Academy of the Arts to help them prepare for the FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test). We were very pleased that our parents allowed and transported as many as 70 kids on Saturday mornings to take advantage of this opportunity. I thank my awesome members for your support. I also would like to thank Pastor Gary L. Williams and the wonderful members of First Baptist Church of Mandarin who also volunteered their time. Our students have been testing all this week, and we are confident that they will do well, thanks to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor, I must say that I am very happy that so many people took an interest in the children at Wayman Academy of the Arts! Although I did not get to devote as much time as I would like to the effort-I did get to spend a little time with some of the children. I enjoyed it because the children were so excited and eager to learn! Even though I was there to help them, they energized me! The experience and the cause is a "win-win" for all of us. It continues to reinforce my belief that if we invest not only our dollars, but our hearts, time, and effort into our children then the sky is the limit! I know that the children and Wayman Academy of the Arts will claim the VICTORY that God has all ready promised!!!