Saturday, February 21, 2009

What is God Saying to You?

Tomorrow is our day of worship. Praise, worship, singing and fellowship are all integral parts of the total worship experience. But nothing is more important than the Word of God. The man or woman who delivers the message is merely the instrument that God uses to speak to us. However, many people will worship tomorrow and remember everything about the worship service except the sermon. In other words, they will miss what God is saying to them. I have always been amazed about how hundreds or even thousands can hear the same message, yet God can utter a specific, tailor-made message for each person in the sanctuary. As you worship on Sunday, listen to what God has to say personally to you, your situation, your future, your destiny. Share with other readers what you got out of Sunday's sermon. You may include the name of your church and pastor (or whoever delivered the message) if you have positive comments. This blog is designed to lift up, not tear down. Let us hear from you. What is God saying to you?

1 comment:

Taxgirl@807 said...

God speaks to my heart in so many ways and in many areas. Right now he is speaking to my heart heavily in relation to the unemployed. How can we best help them? Support them? Encourage them? God has blessed me so, that I can truly say I haven't felt much of the crunch of the economy (with exception to the outlook of His SIMPLE plan assigned to me.:)

He has put in my spirit to change my own lifestyle to be able to help meet the needs of others at this time. Take a little time out of my own day to assist in the search for jobs and review resumes for errors or anything that may hinder them for even being considered. I love it and wholely accept the task he has set before me. I encourage anyone to step up to the plate and join me in this task. I don't expect anyone to go to the lengths that I have because that charge is for me but how many of us have HR experience or hold a role similar to that on our jobs? There is so much that can be done. If nothing else, it would show them that someone cares for them and that love and support is there.